2.0 Hard fork Completed
Curecoin 2.0 Hardfork
In an effort to make Curecoin more efficient and secure, a mandatory update has been released. Older wallet clients will no longer talk to the main Curecoin network. Please read below to discover how to upgrade your Curecoin wallet, and what changes have been implemented. Over 90% of Curecoin tokens are now earned via Protein Folding while SHA-256 security is maintained via pure Proof-of-Stake; ASIC mining is no longer required.
Main changes in this release 18.104.22.168 will include removal of ASIC PoW mining. This will focus the security end of 2.0 on Proof of Stake until v2.5+ to v3.0 when Curecoin integrates with Curecoin co-founder Vorksholk’s project Veriblock (https://www.veriblock.org/) for inheriting the security of BTC PoW with Proof of Proof mining.
Summary of all changes:
- More Efficient (No More ASIC Mining)
- More Secure via Pure Proof-of-Stake (PoS)
- Faster Transactions (more peer connections)
- 4 minute Block Times (vs 10 minutes)
- 4 day minimum stake weight (vs 30 days)
- 4% stake rewards (vs 1% before)
- Added features for 2.5 & 3.0 transition including future VBK integration
Downloads and Block Explorer
A new block explorer is running at http://blocks.curecoin.net with the latest 2.0 chain.
Star or watch the github to get notifications.
New clients available on github:
We also have an all in one installer located on Google Drive:
For Merge Folding:
The latest Folding Browser V19 for beginning merge folding with Curecoin and FoldingCoin (Recommended for ALL new team members)
For those that had their old clients running up to or past block 257275, you will need to do a fresh sync(this will take some time). This involves deleting the blk0001.dat , blkindex.dat, and /database folder from your curecoin data folder. AS ALWAYS, BACK UP YOUR WALLET BEFORE UPGRADING!
- OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Curecoin/wallet.dat .
- Windows: C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Curecoin
- Linux: /home/youruser/.curecoin
Join us in Discord! https://discord.gg/2FDg8nu