Forum

Attention: For Live support and discussion, please visit our Discord!  https://discord.me/curecoin

Mining Requirement ...

Notifications
Clear all

Mining Requirement Detail Pls (SHA256 or scrypt? ... CPU/GPU, or ASIC capable?)

wuffy68
(@wuffy68)
Admin

So, after going to cure.united-miners.com, i'm confused. They mention using cudaminer to mine curecoins, which I'm pretty sure is a scrypt (litecoin) mining utility, not SHA256 like Bitcoin uses.

Can one mine curecoins with Bitcoin mining hardware, or did curecoin back out of SHA256 and switch to scrypt instead?

When I tried to connect to the cryptopools stratum using the Hexminer 1.0.0.3 proxy, it just times out. I confirmed can mine bitcoins on bitcoin.cz without any issue.

BTW, congratulations on the launch. It appears to be working great on the folding side !!!  🙂

Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2014 1:58 am
r3animation
(@r3animation)
New Member Customer
"wuffy68" wrote:
So, after going to cure.united-miners.com, i'm confused. They mention using cudaminer to mine curecoins, which I'm pretty sure is a scrypt (litecoin) mining utility, not SHA256 like Bitcoin uses.

Can one mine curecoins with Bitcoin mining hardware, or did curecoin back out of SHA256 and switch to scrypt instead?

When I tried to connect to the cryptopools stratum using the Hexminer 1.0.0.3 proxy, it just times out. I confirmed can mine bitcoins on bitcoin.cz without any issue.

BTW, congratulations on the launch. It appears to be working great on the folding side !!!  🙂

No idea what the pool wrote but you can use your sha256 devices to mine. Cryptopools seems to be down for now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2014 4:41 am
wuffy68
(@wuffy68)
Admin

CONFIRMED WITH United-Miners.com... curecoin IS SHA256.

My mining software proxy setttings were being fussy. United miners agreed their "getting started guide https://cure.united-miners.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted " erroneously references scrypt (that is incorrect) ... go ahead, use your SHA256 equipment / software and you'll be good to go.

The change I had to make to my Hexminer proxy settings were:

was (wrong in my case):
  [font=courier:w4kvurzr]-o stratum+tcp://cure.united-miners.com -p 3319[/font:w4kvurzr]
now (this is correct for my Hexminer application):
  [font=courier:w4kvurzr]-o cure.united-miners.com -p 3319[/font:w4kvurzr]
Note: Your application will vary, so follow united-miners and cryptopools instructions first, but if that fails, take out the stratum+tcp:// part of your stratum address...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2014 6:28 pm
Share: