Forum

Attention: For Live support and discussion, please visit our Discord!  https://discord.me/curecoin

Richard Christie - 9/22/1946 - 1/25/2006 RIP - Pancreatic cancer victim  

RSS
CygnusXI
(@cygnusxi)
Reputable Member Customer

A few quick points about a great man, lost to pancreatic cancer

Attended University of Michigan

Loved his family - gave his all to be a good father

Could crunch large digit multiplication in his head and give an answer before you could type it in a calculator

Recently the "Marathon Goddess" dedicated a marathon run to his memory, they made a nice photo of him to symbolize some of the things he liked

see more about "Marathon Goddes" here https://www.facebook.com/marathongoddess

Posted : 20/09/2013 2:53 pm
yeltz
(@yeltz)
Eminent Member Customer

He sounds like a standup guy, for sure.

Being able to express thoughts here is really important. While CureCoin is very much a crypto, it's one with a purpose - and this post is a wonderful reminder of that. At the end of the day it's about people, and the hope for a better future. Every moment we fold/hash is a moment spent on potential breakthroughs in medical science. It might not be tomorrow, but the day will come that we understand enough to make these terrible diseases a thing of the past.

Thoughts are with you today - and despite not being able to make new memories with Richard, the ones you have you can cherish forever.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2013 6:21 pm
vorksholk
(@imported_vorksholk)
Trusted Member Customer
"CygnusXI" wrote:
A few quick points about a great man, lost to pancreatic cancer

Attended University of Michigan

Loved his family - gave his all to be a good father

Could crunch large digit multiplication in his head and give an answer before you could type it in a calculator

Recently the "Marathon Goddess" dedicated a marathon run to his memory, they made a nice photo of him to symbolize some of the things he liked

see more about "Marathon Goddes" here https://www.facebook.com/marathongoddess

Sounds like an awesome guy, I'm sure he's smiling down on cygnus right now. 🙂

As yeltz beat me to by far, the beauty of CureCoin is twofold; finding cures to many of the diseases that currently baffle scientists, while also being able to fund these efforts with a currency--similar to carbon footprint offsets, so that a computer geek like myself can put his powerful systems to work finding cures for people just like Richard Christie, while someone with money interested in the cause can purchase CureCoins, funding the private miner, putting his money to work for society, and strengthening the infrastructure of a global, near-instant currency. Shows you something, when society will transfer from backing money with gold to backing it with research, bonafide scientific discovery, and a powerful nod towards working together to rid the world of the most destructive dieseases.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2013 7:03 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register