No! As the network evolves, additional scientific computing projects can be easily added, in which case the folding reward would become a scientific-computation reward, and would be split fairly between various projects (including CPU-only ones!), and could be done so in either a way to encourage people to balance the projects, or in such a way that people can do whatever project they wish, and receive the same or very similar profits.
CureCoin 2.0 Distribution Spreadsheet Draft is here. This paragraph only reflects 1.0 distributions (updated guide is in progress) – Below is an updated 2.0 Distribution guide
CureCoins go to three main areas: Folders, Miners, and Developers. The folders will get 76% of the total coins (or 80% of the coins distributed per day – see “Day to Day” for more info). SHA256 miners get 19% of the total coins (or 20% of the coins distributed per day). 2% of the total funds are distributed to people who donated to project development in 2014. The remaining 3% is dedicated to Curecoin developers, and will be used for paying for ongoing development costs (such as hiring professional programmers, paying for infrastructure, etc.), and for giving back to the community (folding hardware giveaways, faucets, covering “0%” mining pools, etc.).
In summary, 95% of CURE tokens are automatically distributed from cold storage to Protein Folders, or earned directly via SHA256 PoW/PoS mining. The remaining 5% were reserved for supporting ongoing blockchain maintenance and rewarding original Curecoin crowdfund donors.
Folding Rewards Distribution Guide – Day to Day (as of 05/10/2018 folding rewards halving)
Each day, Folders as a whole receive 3744 CureCoins to be divided amongst them proportionally. This means that each folder receives (FolderPPD / TeamPPD) * 3744 CureCoins. An example:
Folder PPD ⇩
Total Team PPD ⇨
You can estimate your earnings (Use the “24hr Avg” from the stats at the top for a very rough estimate, or click through and use the last full day’s 24-hour stats for more accuracy):
(YourPPD / TeamPPD) * 3744
Staking rewards start after 4 days “coin age” in your wallet, based on 4 minute block times – averaging 4% per annum.
*Minting is the same as Staking or Proof-of-Stake (PoS)
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN